Mum and Baby/ Pregnancy Pilates
- Tuesday 10.30
- Introduce gentle movement and strengthening
- Help new mums regain abdominal tone and core strength including healing of diastasis recti (The abdominal divide)
- Maintain good posture throughout pregnancy by strengthening core muscles
- Strengthen the pelvic floor including release work
- Prevent and improve common aches and pains experienced after birth and during pregnancy in the shoulder, back, knees and pelvis
- Provide an opportunity to meet other mums!
Run by Lucy Smith, a Body Control Pilates Pre and Postnatal trained teacher, the class is open to all new mums who have been cleared to exercise by their GP or Midwife and and pregnant women in their second and third trimester. Classes are designed to help new mums regain strength and mobility after birth and prepare the body for demands of motherhood (all that bending, kneeling and lifting! We focus on postural strengthening, abdominal separation (Disastasis Recti) and the pelvic floor. Its a great opportunity to meet new mums! Babies welcome from 6 weeks to crawling . While you exercise, your baby can sit in a baby seat in the studio, sleep in their prams or lie on a mat by your side. Sessions run for 45 minutes. Beginners welcome.