Thai Foot massageChristel Martin
Thai massage practitioners have used therapeutic foot massage for centuries to heal a variety of ailments and relieve pain. The roots of Thai massage can be traced back to ancient India, where a physician named Jivaka Komarabhacca established the techniques around about 500BC. These techniques were brought to Thailand, where they have been passed down through generations of practitioners.
Thai foot massage uses techniques such gentle kneading performed with cream, stretching and massage for soft tissue and deep tissue release, targeted use of reflexology points using a special stick and lymphatic drainage massage up to the knees.
Benefits of this unique treatment include
- Deep physical and mental relaxation
- An invigorating positive boost of energy and release of stress or tension
- Improved circulation of legs and feet
- Reducing water retention & cellulite, especially around the feet & ankles
- Lymphatic drainage and improved range of motion and muscle flexibility
- Loosening of tight muscles and connective tissues
- Maximising the supply of nutrients by increased circulation & toxin removal.
- A true sense of restored well-being
Massage therapist, Christel Martin, trained in Thai foot massage at the prestigious Wat Po temple school in Bangkok, the oldest and largest massage school in Thailand.